Yesterday we started to run out of space on one of our storage repositories. When we tried to move any VDI on that SR via XenCenter, we got the error “The SR failed to complete the operation”. Which is a pretty generic error, par for xenserver errors. I even got the same error when trying to do a ‘Rescan’.
I continued to troubleshoot, looking through logs and command outputs. I finally found something to look into.
Ran the command:
xe sr-param-list uuid=eb943814-a329-5f84-bd42-af1858d56632
Noticed this parameter:
other-config (MRW): dirty: ; auto-scan: false
I looked into this “dirty” param… It means xenserver isn’t happen with the file names on the SR. I listed the files on my SR and saw that someone created a manual copy of a VDI called: Copy of f897ebcf-9365-471b-8a30-e81f564c2536.vhd.
I fixed it by:
* Removing file: Copy of f897ebcf-9365-471b-8a30-e81f564c2536.vhd
* Rescanning the SR
* I was then able to move the VDI from one SR to another with out error.
Hope this helps with your day: